My mini-review of the XClio Windtunnel Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Just wanted to write a little review of what I think is a great full tower case.

Wire management
DSC00654.jpg

As you can clearly see, it's not that good for wire management. Going to have to do many mods on this one. Such as holes in the motherboard tray, drilling some holes in the 5.25" bays to hold hard drives (Wanted to mount the hard drives up there, because I didn't want my hard drives to be cooled by the 250mm directly facing them. Warm hard drives last longer).

Even though it's not great at managing wires/cables, it sure is one heck of a cooling beast:

2x250mm side intakes
1x200mm top exhaust
1x120mm rear exhaust
Option for a 120mm at the front.

The fans aren't noisy at all. Plus, each fan except the 120mm rear exhaust, has their own fan speed control. The 250mm fans also have an option to be turned off, if desired.

My E2140 idles at 23C!...with the ambient around 23C too. The temperature probe that it comes with is actually pretty accurate. Just a 1 degree difference from Core Temp.

There are two versions of this case. The Advanced is the one with the 200mm top exhaust. Cost about $10-20 more than the regular.

An interesting feature about this case, is that the whole front side of the case is made of rubber. Even the buttons. The feel of it is actually quite nice. And the front panel LED strip displays the XClio logo, temperature reporting from the probe, and the standard power and activity LEDs.
Front panel:
DSC00655.jpg

The case is huge! Dimensions are 22" L x 20.5" H x 9" W (including the protruding 250mm fan module). Weighs heavy too. Around 30lbs empty. When it's loaded, it's around 50-60lbs.

Pros:
-Cooling and air circulation is excellent
-Has a lot of space all your components
-Very sturdy
-Not that expensive
-Fans are quiet, along with individual fan speed controls

Cons:
-Very heavy, especially when loaded
-Sharp edges
-Not good for wire management, without mods
-No sliding motherboard tray

In my opinion, I think it's an awesome full tower case. Just needs a little modding for wires. But in terms of performance, it's cooling is really really good.

Here's some other pics:

Size comparison with my old towers.
DSC00651.jpg

Dark shot...
DSC00657.jpg

fans must keep all the components nice and cool inside. My father has an xclio case w/ one of those 250mm fans and that is more than enough. I can only imagine two.

Yea, I have mine turned off, because one is more than enough. With one on, my CPU idles around 22-23C, and with the 2nd fan, it idles 20-21C. The 2nd fan though, is right in front of the hard drive cages, so it doesn't really affect the motherboard/CPU area much. Unless I mod a fan duct, so that the airflow goes away from the hard drive cage.

I was thinking, if I should add another 200mm top exhaust. That way, for maximum airflow. So there would be 2x250mm from the side coming in, and the 2x200mm tops, will take that right away, making for a nice flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom