What video card should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd opt for - 8800gt.
+1 I agree to this. THOUGH If you are going for SLI I would get Two 9600gt cards.

Unless you wanted to run Crysis at ultra high settings then I would recommend Two 9800GX2 cards as they are the only things that can do it... (one 9800GX2 can do it but at only at about 23FPS)

- Not overclocked

I think about 512 something watts each... just get a good PSU... they aren't that expensive... and on the bright side.. once you have one you don't need to get another :)

I think 850w will run 2 in SLI fine though you may want to check on that.

new idea... SLI your PSU, lol

I wouldn't recommend getting a 9800gx2... the 9600gt cards are more than enough to power the latest games and future games easily... Crysis is just so odd making others have the goal of wanting to play it on Very High for sport...

the 9800's don't take up much more power then the 8 series they just use a lot of amps, the 9800gx2 uses something like 30a.

Theres no way a 9800gx2 uses 500 watts for each card lol. They just like lots of amps, my psu could run one just fine.

Heres the proof:

Source:PC Perspective - NVIDIA Quad SLI Take Two - 9800 GX2 up to bat

powerdf2.jpg

the 9800's don't take up much more power then the 8 series they just use a lot of amps, the 9800gx2 uses something like 30a.

Power=Volts*Amps

Therefore the more amps, the more power.

Sheesh, don't they teach you anything in high school?

And I guarantee you, no single grpahics card draws 30A. That would equate to 360W a card.

At 85% power supply efficiency thats 423W a card.

no i am quite sure that the 9800gx2 uses somewhere in the area of 25-30a...(actually I'm in an enriched high school program)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom