Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
luke, you can do higher if you lap. 3.8 with a good chip would not be hard. ask veedub. haha. he never got higher than 55C at a 4ghz run in 3dmark. then again.. he is insanely lucky with that chip he got. nice freaking VID

Info if the sound card improve gaming:
Sound card can improve FPS? [Archive] - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

Does XFX warranty for the graphics card apply the same to the motherboard?

i asked the water cooling guru if i need water cooling in my rig, his reply:
aspire.comptech said:
You never need water cooling. If you can afford it and want to be able to have better overclocks, quieter running, and just be generally cooler (no pun intended). Then sure, its a great investment.

If you want help finding good parts, let me know your budget and ill get back to asap.

-Andrew Makk

Pick one. Should I get water cooling or dedicated sound card?

You guys are all dumb when it comes to water cooling, Sorry for being blunt but I'm reading through this thread just shaking my head after every post.

a. Water cooling a graphics card is not stupid. The heatsinks and fans that come with them are noisy and usually just spread hot air all throughout your case.

b. You can put as many things in a single loop as you want provided the total heat output is less than the radiators saturation point.

c. Water cooling ram/hdd is the biggest gimmic ever its pointless.

d. A good water cooling loop, even for just a cpu will run you at least 200 bucks. And to add a gpu to the loop doesn't cost too much extra.

Any other questions related to water cooling, pm me, I'm on aim almost all the time, sn is right below my name.

Pick one. Should I get water cooling or dedicated sound card?

Good water cooling runs way more than the cost of a sound card...

luke, you can do higher if you lap. 3.8 with a good chip would not be hard. ask veedub. haha. he never got higher than 55C at a 4ghz run in 3dmark. then again.. he is insanely lucky with that chip he got. nice freaking VID

well sure he can do that but he doesn't strike me as the type of guy that would want to do a lap ... anyways lapping just lowers temps a bit.

I never pretended to know anything about water cooling aspire, i just find it rather stupid to water cool a gpu when you can oc a gpu fine without it.

I think that the sound card is your best bet.. water cooling is more expensive and YOU DON'T need it at all.. your computer will do just fine without it! I would definately get the cheaper sound card and enjoy your system more rather than get a totally un-needed water cooling system that is more expensive.. a TRUE will take care of your problems and you will be able to do atleast 3.5GHz if not more! that is all you should ever need in a processor especially a Quad Core.

YOU DON'T need it at all.. your computer will do just fine without it!

Did I ever say otherwise?

Now instead of dropping an extra hundred bucks on the sound card, why not buy this motherboard, which comes with an audio riser card with the x-fi chip on it.

Newegg.com - MSI P7N Diamond LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard with SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme Audio - Retail

Also get this model 9600gt instead and save yourself 50 bucks

Newegg.com - PALiT NE/9600T+0152 GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

but the motherboard aspire listed is not in anyway better, it just comes with the sound onboard...it is not a soundcard bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom