System Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxkrnxstylezxx

In Runtime
I used system restore a few times today cuz my comp was acting a little weird....and it works fine now, but I looked at my hard drive and i LOST like 50 gigs.....is this supposed to happen? Is there a way I can delete things to get my space back?? I know it wasnt from programs or files, because there are the same programs and files as before.

Thanks

hmm no....but i went to the disc clean up thing (properties on the c drive) and on the more options part, i pressed the clean system restore thing....and i got 42 gigs back.....dunno if it was what i had in the beginning but better than nothing

really really strage so how many gigs are you missing now? Was it all stored up in internet cache?

i used 61.7 out of 111....also, like 5 - 10 gigs of my movies were deleted or something (they're gone, cant find it)....so i think i should have only used about 30-40...maybe 50 at the MOST

oh and i already used window wash and cleaned like everything out...

So the hard drive is 120GB, and you have about 111GB drive? You have used, 30-40 GB, and have 70GB free, bearing in mind, you always lose about 10GB with a 120GB drive.

With a 40 you lose, about 3 GB, 80 - 6Gb, and so on. So im still really left wondering whats the problem, how much free space does it say you have, how much does it say you have used, and how much is the capacity that windows tells you.

Its all in the properties of C when you right click the c drive in my computer

I think the 42 gigs you freed were in files that windows used fore the system restor points, ive been reading up on it. So i think your problem has been solved.

I never use system restore, cause it slows everything down and yes it does use up lots of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom