Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some motherboards come with a sound card they are JUNK..

I researched sound cards for a month.. as I do with everyhting before I buy it...and I bought the Fitality Sound Blaster sound card....

This sound IS amazing...if you don't have one you DON'T understand me, lol

dude u are way over rating it, mother boards with onboard or that come with a cheap sound card are satisfactory, the x-fi just adds a little eax and some more precise bass and highs...

the sound card that came with my board does suck, but my board does not have onboard.

and dont worry about watercooling. it is not worth it!

100 dollars?! are you outta your mind!? for 100 bucks I would deff get a new hdd, a nice 32mb cache one.

and is your system done? or in progress?

i have the AuzenTech X-FI Prelude 7.1 Sound Card 32BIT that i listed before and it isn't much better the my old audigy...well the eax 5.0 is great but other then that not so much...gpu's are really not worth cooling, and unless your really going to overclock them air is fine...like i have my 9600gt at 730mhz (not on my comp at the moment so i don't know the rest of my head) and im stable and havn't gone past 46c. If you really intend to oc the cpu to past 3.6 then a good water cooling system is the way to go but if you arn't going past 3.6 a true would be fine... a 3.6hz q6600 is pretty darn fast. I vote no against water cooling.

I overclocked the literal heck out of my old 7900 GT and I set the stock fan to maximum and had no problems with heat.. unless you play crysis for 4 hours on medium.. then it got to 228 Farenheit lol..

I definately do not think you need water cooling and you don't need anything for your graphics cards.. they do a good job of cooling themselves. especially if you set the fan settings.. mine doesn't know how to kick in to high gear so I had to make it, lol

I don't even think you need to overclock your graphics cards... I wouldn't if I were you.. they can handle anything that comes their way in SLI.. unless you wanted to try and suck Crysis dry then overclock the heck outa them and pray...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom