NZXT Unveils Tempest - Mid-tower Steel Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the fans arent loud or atealst have a fan controller....
But otherwise it looks lke most of the cooler masters...i like how they actually include all the fans...

my apolo is very very quiet, and the fans move more air then my thermaltake fans did at 2000rpm. i think there probably 1500rpm or 1000rpm fans so there really quiet.

so... ive been waiting and waiting to see when EXACTLY this case comes out... i keep hearing "first week of April" or like "spring quarter 2008"... but FINALLY one has materialized:

on Ebay.

lol... so that must mean that the official launch of this case must be nearby! :) - RK

if anybody wants that Ebay link, here it is:

NZXT Tempest on Ebay

other than that tho... still havent been able to find one for sale, nor an official date when they will be available :(

also, i kinda answered my own question from earlier... about the radiator?
i went and found out that you can download the user manual off the NZXT website (here) and when i was flipping through it, i came across these two pages:
H2OTempest1.jpg

and
H2OTempest2.jpg

so apparently you CAN put a 120mm radiator up in the top of the case under the 140mm exhausts... and there are holes already pre-drilled for it... no modding, and installation looks like a breeze... or you can use an external rad with those nifty little holes in the back of the case... or remove the HDD racks and mount one in the front!
so it looks like this case really IS going to be amazing for water-cooling... and now i really really want one... :) - RK

I'm starting to like the looks of this case... I think it already beats out the Antec 900

oh for sure... thats what it was pretty much designed to do i think:
take all the good things of an Antec 900... and get rid of all the bad/old/nonsensical things...

for example, the HDD storage... the two huge fans on the top and door, replacing them with more intelligent 120/140mm's... the ease of water-cooling... the list goes on and on...

i think well see this case become a major competitor for the 900 as the 'best gaming case' out there... now if only it were actually on sale... haha :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom