quick radiator question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOcLuE98

Biohazardous
The Swiftech MCR-220, can fit dual 120mm fans on it, the Swiftech MCR-320 can fit three. for a 5cent price difference, how much performance increase can I expect to see? I was just assuming that because of the extra fans, the water would get colder, therefore better performance. Am I wrong? here are the links:
Petra's Tech Shop
Petra's Tech Shop

i think ul get about the same temps but you will be able to add probably a second loop with the bigger rad and still retain a similar level of hea where as if u got a 220 u would increase ur temps.

so the 320 is the better one? and I can have 6 fans on it instead of 4, so that made me think i could get better temps..

not sure the screws are long enough? what do you mean?

and I am pretty sure I will have room :D I will make some if need be:D

I use an mcr220 The screws go from the outside of the fan to the holes in the radiator.

Therefore you would use 24 screws to screw 6 fans to the mcr-320.

And yes you will see a performance increase with the bigger radiator. However you also need to consider how much room you have to use.

The end.

never mind then. what case are you running?

I am running an antec 900. I plan on building a second box for this though, and putting it underneath my system. Painted to fit and all. Possibly attached, dont have it all worked out, but it is coming together I think.

I use an mcr220 The screws go from the outside of the fan to the holes in the radiator.

Therefore you would use 24 screws to screw 6 fans to the mcr-320.

And yes you will see a performance increase with the bigger radiator. However you also need to consider how much room you have to use.

The end.

ok so I was right. and thank you :D I just emailed petra's and asked them about replacing my T-line with a res, now when I get that response I guess i will ask them if I can replace my 220 with a 320. :D depending on their response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom