Computer doesn't display anything on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I've just finished building my computer. I've plugged everything in and connected it to the monitor however when i press the power button all of the fans come on and the lights do but nothing displays on the monitor and there isn't any beeps that you usually get when you power up a computer.
Also, on the front of the case the blue LED that has what looks like a battery symbol next to it goes on for a breif second before going off again.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem could be?
Thanks

no its a 7600GS...
Is it important that the speaker wires are hooked up properly?

u say that it goes on for a second then goes off, you can't get into the bios... do you have all components in properly. Check how the case power button is connected to the mobo, make sure it is in properly.

No,
The computer stays on and the fans etc stay running but its just nothing comes onto the scree. The LED by the power button goes off almost immediatly. I've tried it with some different ram and still no luck :(

I've got an 8 pin one connected ... could this be a problem?
I'm running a q6600 with the stock cooler.

hmm. never heard of there being an 8 pin cpu connector... is this 8pin connector in the upper left corner of the mobo to the upper left of the cpu socket?

its in the top left of the mobo and top left of the CPu. Ive got the Asus P5k Wifi mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom