SLI 9600GTs performnce increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

insomniac34

Solid State Member
About how much of a performance increase is there over the SINGLE GPU in my sig with these 2 cards in SLI? Obviously they will peform better in the computer I am planning on building, but how much of an increase should I see?

Lets just use a comparison most people know. On the comp in my sig, Crysis runs beautifully on all High settings and 1280 by 1024 resolution. Of course, there is neither AA or AF activated.
On a relatively similar system how much more performance would the two 9600s give me?

to answer your question, another 9600GT in SLI will give you quite a big increase in performance....nearly that of a 9800GX2.

However, you'll be cpu bottlenecked unless you clock your CPU to 3+ghz

yup...should do 3.2-3.4 at least....the e6550 is a g0 stepping which usually clock very well.

What motherboard do you have?

well actually I am not using the build in my sig, I am building an entirely new rig based around a Q6600 , 4 gigs of RAM and a MSI P6N Diamond LGA 775 SLI ATX Motherboard.

WOW, a 9800GX2, that is AWESOME this makes me want these two 9600GTs even more.
Will the Q6600 also bottleneck my cards?

oh yeah, you could get to 3.0ghz on a q6600 with the stock cooling, but anything higher then that will need after market cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom