Paging Files?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know how much ram he has, but i ran 2gb forever with very small/no Pf and never had any probs.
i dont know bout vista tho. i just bought my wife a lappy from dell (yes it's an AMD :) ) that has it and one gb of ram. i just got it yesterday so i need to monkey around on it. it uses 60% of the system memory. but, from what i have read, that seems to be because vista uses it differently than XP (and it isn't a system killer like it would be in XP), although i am not certain of the specifics. yet.

ok so i have 2gb of ram and a partition...
my c drive is my main drive and the partitioned one is where i save all my setups, movies,music...etc.

so what shud the min-max be for the main ddrive and the partitioned one?

nothing on the OS drive and a small one on the storage. i wouldn't think you'd really need it, but say maybe 1-2gb? like for emergencies lol? seriously, i never needed a PF.

nothing on the OS drive and a small one on the storage. i wouldn't think you'd really need it, but say maybe 1-2gb? like for emergencies lol? seriously, i never needed a PF.

so i should put 1gb for min and 2gb for max on the partition where i store all my stuff?

all my installation files and my os is on one partiotion and the storage stuff is on the other.

if you have two physical hard drives, put the PF on the drive that doesn't contain your operating system.
minimum would be 0. i'd try that first and see if you had problems (you wont probably). max 2gb yes.

if you have two physical hard drives, put the PF on the drive that doesn't contain your operating system.
minimum would be 0. i'd try that first and see if you had problems (you wont probably). max 2gb yes.

i have one hdd...split into two
Main partition is with os and installation files.

other is like 60 ggigs with all my backup softwares,music,pics,movies..etc.
SO i guess ill put a pf on the backup hdd then.

thanks

i have one hdd...split into two
Main partition is with os and installation files.

other is like 60 ggigs with all my backup softwares,music,pics,movies..etc.
SO i guess ill put a pf on the backup hdd then.

thanks

A second partition isn't a second hard drive.

oy vay you were kornfusing me krazyq.
yeah dude i thought you had two actual drives.
yes, put it on the second partition, but it really wont matter where you put it, it will still be on the same drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom