windows explorer font randomly changed itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
I kid you not, I'm just sitting here, with the standard font, I backed out of a folder and low and behold, my font has changed, I didn't mess with any setting, I like my standard font darnit, what on earth happened? The only thing I was doing at the time other than looking at pictures was uninstalling a game. Here's the new font, it placed itself on the desktop icons as well as the folders.

83712121xl9.jpg

The pic is a little blurry because I had to resize it down so much, but basically it's all italicized.

Well that looks like Windowsblinds to me. Switch the skin. Go into the skin properties and check to make sure not settings were changed.

Right click on the desktop and go under Appearance and make sure that you have the Icon font setup right.

Um, heh, this isn't technically windowsblinds, I don't think I'm allowed to tell you what it is on this forum, so I guess we can end the discussion here.

Mods delete if needed... XP with some Vista stuff hacked into the shell I think, I have four options, Black, Black compact, Silver, and Silver compact. I find these through display options under the VistaXP tab. I think some of you can figure out exactly what I'm running without me posting it.

There is no other third party program, or external program to change skins or visuals, I access this through windows own, um, windows.

I know how to change the fonts back, that's not the problem, the problem is that they just changed on me randomly, I have been running this OS for quite some time and this hasn't happened before. :confused:

Well if it is the Vista transform pack or a UXTheme.dll patcher the comment remains. Try changing the theme.

If you are having a issue with the font changing at random and you change it back the the application in question is at fault and either has to be updated or removed.

All the themes have changed their default font, that's odd, whatever, easy fix, if it happens again, I'll reinstall my store bought XP. Running Enterprise 1.1 (sort of like Black 4.04 except no aero and no unnecesary programs), so really, no patcher or anything of that sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom