Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd go with a maximus or abit quad GT over the DQ6, those two have been praised as the best x38 boards available now. Not including the extreme versions of course.

Aren't xeon chips for servers though? that'd be why, they are use to being under harsh conditions. But I don't think i'd use one for a pc/gaming pc.

alot of people run server chips and game w/ them. Look how many people used to run opteron denmarks. They benchmarked the x3210 and the Q6600 desktop equivalent and it performed just about the same.

I'd definitely get this cooler over the AF7...I have one and it's very good. Performs right behind the TRUE for a fraction of the price.
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

...and this is a good deal:
Newegg.com - OCZ SLI-Ready 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Most of the OCZ sli edition sticks come with micron d9 chips

That cooler looks way to big for my midtower antec 900

I am very happy with Gigabyte boards...never had a good expierence with Asus

the cooler is not too big for the antec 900....trust me it's loads better than the AF7.

The AF7 was never considered an extremely good cooler, it's just that it performs very well for the price....but the Xigmatek has come out since then and it costs a little more but performs much better.

load_avg_chart.png

Are you positive it will fit in my case...if i buy it and it doesnt fit that will suck

i found some newegg and other reviews stating that they have used it in their 900's...they say its got about 1/2 an inch clearance.

Got a question: Can i put a 200+ cfm fan on this and expect a difference in cooling?
Sound doesn't bother me. I almost always use noise canceling Bose headphones.

Nvm i googled it the HS/F is already optimized together. A faster fan wouldnt allow the HS to absorb anymore heat. So no point.

It will fit, I have an antec p182 which is slightly narrower than your case...and it fits.

And yes a more powerful fan might make a slight difference, but like you said it's really limited to how fast the heatpipes can carry away the heat from the CPU....Xigmatek are actually released a better version shorty with 4 heatpipes as opposed to 3. You may want to wait use your intel stock cooler and wait for that one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom