Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
iv never needed to have my 226bw higher (it doesn't have one either)...out of all those i would say the crucial..they oc well. The g.skill ones are also good. Over all i would say crucial.

So If I have 2 monitors, it won't be in SLI cz 1 GPU will be in 1 monitor and the other one will be in the 2nd monitor?

Do I really need RAID? If not, I'll just go with this one Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

What is the newest & best router technology?

Which manufacturer has the best warranty for GPU? I heard XFX warranty includes Overclocking and EVGA has a 3 month exchange.
yea get the 7200.11
you will SLI the big monitor and then use a small card for the 2nd monitor i believe

newest router tech is "wireless N"
XFX and EVGA both have great warranties

no it will still be sli if u have two monitors...and u can just get a crappy card for the second.
you don't need to use raid it just adds a bit of speed to ur hdd's, the prob is if u have a crash or power outage or any other problem like that u can loose all ur data so u have to make regular backups which IMO its not worth it, id say stick with one hdd (thats a good hdd that u listed)

Evga has a good warranty and the step up program but xfx also has a good warranty. My galaxy 9600gt cam with a 3yr warranty.

no it will still be sli if u have two monitors...and u can just get a crappy card for the second.
you don't need to use raid it just adds a bit of speed to ur hdd's, the prob is if u have a crash or power outage or any other problem like that u can loose all ur data so u have to make regular backups which IMO its not worth it, id say stick with one hdd (thats a good hdd that u listed)

Evga has a good warranty and the step up program but xfx also has a good warranty. My galaxy 9600gt cam with a 3yr warranty.

So I will have 3 GPU?
Will I be able to run high in Crysis with 9600GT SLI?
Why is 9600GT have 64 stream processor while 8800GT & 8800GTS has the double of it?
Is the 9600GT better than 8800GT since the clock speed is faster?
How or where can I check the manufacturer's warranty?
Which router brand with Wireless-N should I buy from? D-Link, Linksys, NETGEAR, Belkin?

yes you will have three gpu's. You should be able to run crysis on high or close to it with dual 9600gt's, there just short of 9800gx2 performance for a fraction of the cost. It usually says that warranty where u buy it at the bottom of the page.
the 9600gt is just a touch behind an 8800gt's performance and once u oc it it surpasses it.

i believe d-link is the best brand but im prob wrong.

asuming it for gaming and you want it to last a year/year and a half i would go with this...

GPU:im not sure if u mean u want 2 9600gt's sli...if so the galaxy brand has good cooling, can oc well and looks very nice (i have one and will be getting another one soon)
HDD:if you don't plan to use raid 0 get one hdd :seagate 7200.11 500gig 32mb cache would be good.

Ram: 2 gb crucial ballistix or 2gb g.skill (800mhz)

Optical drives: blu ray is not neccisary unless u are watching blu ray movies on ur comp or burning them... just pick up a sata dvd writer,,,the only reason to get more then one optical drive is for u can have ur fav games in them for u don't have to switch,, or for u can burn a dvd/cd directly.

PSU: for that system a 620hx or pc power and cooling 610w would be perfect.

CPU: If you don't want to spen alot of doe the q6600 is still the best bang for the buck

CPU heatsink: if you want to oc go with a true,tuniq tower,, if you don't want to oc u can stick with the retail cooling or get a artic cooling freezer 7.

SC: some say a sound card does increase performance and some say it doesn't...its really up to u.

MOBO: depending on how much u want to spend on it if you want it to be upgradeable for a good while i would go with a 780i, if ur going to upgrade to mobo in a year then id say a 680i would be fine.

Galaxy was bought out by PALiT(they were mediocre in the first place)
Id go with 8800GT instead. $20 more on avg and its a better all around card.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
^^Probably the best stock HS/Fan combo there and you get a free game and the $30 MiR is a plus

Galaxy was bought out by PALiT(they were mediocre in the first place)
Id go with 8800GT instead. $20 more on avg and its a better all around card.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
^^Probably the best stock HS/Fan combo there and you get a free game and the $30 MiR is a plus

no, if he is going to do SLI, then two 9600gt's beat out an 8800gt sli. If you are going to make comments like that, please back them up with some benchmarks. If he is going to go with a single card, then yes the 8800gt is better than the 9600gt

god how many times do u have to tell these people,, 2 9600gt's scale far better in sli then 2 8800gt's and no galaxy is pretty much the best performance brand you can buy, they just don't have very good warranties.

god how many times do u have to tell these people,, 2 9600gt's scale far better in sli then 2 8800gt's and no galaxy is pretty much the best performance brand you can buy, they just don't have very good warranties.

How about 8800GTS and 9600GT? Is the extra costs worth getting the 8800GTS? Does XFX warranty for the graphics card apply to the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom