hotswap

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
i am making a case mod, is there a way to make harddrives hotswappable? I mean i guess i could buy a few external enclosures, mount em in with esata, and just turn em off but that would be expensive

well this is just a small part of a large mod (complete case from scratch) im making. By hotswappable, i mean being able to take out harddrives without turning off the computer. I do this ALOT (changing harddrives) and this would really help. The reason i mentioned external enclosures is that when your done with using a portable hd, you just turn off the enclosure and disconnect it. Thats what im wanthign to do, just build into the case. I could go out and buy 5 esata enclosures and just take off the hardware and not use the cases, but that would be very expensive.

i believe there is a way to hotswap hdd's just like usb (before usb u had to turn off the comp and turn it on again every time u connected something new) I do not know how you do this though.

well, first off, like i stated, i want esata. And i was looking for a cheaper alternative since i have more than one harddrive. I want more than one in at a time also, so i would have to buy multiple of these. I guess i can live with turning it off all day since i dont want to spend 100+

yeah man using regular drives you could cause yourself some problems just unplugging and plugging them with system on.
looks like turning off may be the only option except mucho cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom