What Should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaV II DARK II

Gears of War King
Right now I have $300 and in May I am getting some b day money so i can finally finish building my computer. I can either save my money or buy some parts... I was thinking of buying the e8200 and the seagate 500gb hdd... There are other options but i wanna know what you guys think. I don't want to buy something today that is going to cost less in May like the Graphics Card.

Well right now i have crucial ballistix the 2 sided ones and a corsair 520 HX

I don't want to spend more than $600 w/o including what i have now

I don't need keyboard/mouse or moniter

At the moment ill be gaming at 1024x768 but in the summer i am going to start working and Ill buy a 24" so i want a good video card and cpu

I was thinking of either seagate 500g or 320gb
Antec 900 ( Full Tower wont fit in desk)
e8200 or MAYBE q6600 ( not sure b/c by the time I need a quad core i will have money to upgrade if i have to)
Abit P35-e (?) or this other DFI P35 board that is $140
Xigmatek cooler
MX-2
and 8800GT or 8800GTS maybe the new 9800GT(?)
I am hearing people are having problems with the 8800 GTS and they can't play games...

Its not just the 8800GTS. Its just all the drivers for the new cores suck. So even if you get a 9 series your still using the same driver.

Do you already have a case? Grab a case and HD. Save the more important things last, as you said it might be cheaper later when you go to buy them.

buy the less important stuff first hdd, case, optical drives, and any other peripherals u want and buy the more important things later like said because prices will most likely drop.

and you can deff get the e8200 if you want to go dual core. it is not that much slower, and you can OC it easily. But I recommend the q6600, the 45nm are really having trouble overclocking. there is a lot of worry about degradation. I am thinking of replacing mine. after I cook it :D but I need my water cooling for that. but anyway, I suggest the q6600, you can find one for 200 hopefully soon.

pretty soon it should be lower. when is the scheduled price drop for the q6700 and q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom