I Have To Clear Cmos Every Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I am having these random freezups and everytime I do, I have to clear the CMOS battery using the jumper and stuff. I am trying NOT overclocking it this time to see if it works. What else could be the problem. Could I be needing a new CMOS battery?

Check ram, always RAM, or hardware fialure on motherbaord, i would return it from where ever you bought it. When you buy a PC, u should expect it to work. If not you return it. (thats if its a new PC??????)

But his comp has run fine since he bought it...im pretty sure of that from what he tells me. Try getting some good cooling...other than that im stumped.

Gotta ormall Desk fan, remove the case, and blow air on to the motherboard, ull soon know if its a cooling problem. Check hard ware monitor in BIOS to find out what temperature...... Over 75 is too hot. 65 tells me the CPU is doing alot of work, but it should be ok.

it runs at about 55 on full load, if that. I haven't had it happen since i quit overclocking, but I still need to keep my fingers crossed.

No it aint over heating, look somewhere else, like the RAM!!!!!!! I tell you its the RAM!!!!!! Well i dont know that but test it.........

nah, sounds like a problem overclocking, since he set the reg back to its correct voltage and he said it seems to work. COULD be the battery, but if its fairly new it should last for awhile. You said you have to pull the battery? Does it come up telling you BIOS config is wrong and then throw you right into the BIOS? If so, what is happening there is that the BIOS, after Posting, compares to what is written in CMOS to see if it matches. If it does, the boot process is handed over to the first sector (0,0,1 I think) of the HDD which contains other environmental info and continues the boot process eventually handing the boot strap to the o/s. If it DOES NOT, then that flags and you get a BIOS error, and thats when you get the "configuration settings have changed, press F1 or whatever to enter the bios". A sure way to be sure is to do a normal shutdown and see if it is constantly throwing you into this.

It freezes up completely and there is no way to do a normal shutdown. When I turn it back on, no signal even gets to the monitor. The fans turn on inside the case, but nothing else happens. After removing the CMOS battery jumper, everything works fine till next time it happens. I haven't had a problem since i returned the processor to normal clock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom