NZXT Unveils Tempest - Mid-tower Steel Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, not bad. Might consider switching it out from the 900 if it goes on sale. I'm getting tired of the top mounted power button my 900. Stupid cat is constantly turning my computer off at inoportune times because she likes to stand on the computer.

u should consider a full tower before spending money on a mid tower especially with the monstreous 9800gx2's ur getting.

okay, so since i am seriously considering buying one of these, i was on the NZXT website today looking at the pictures and specs they have up for this case... and heres something interesting i found in one of the pictures... looky here:

now, is it just me... or does that look an awful lot like a radiator installed beneath those 140mm fans on the top of this case?
and this is on the official NZXT website, mind you...
however, its only in this one pic that that black thing (what im almost positive is a rad) is there... the rest show the fans as just being exposed... odd...

now i suggested to aspire (the watercooling 'guru') that this might be a great case for watercooling and that you wouldnt have to mod it at all pretty much... just put a radiator up under those 140mm's in the top... but he pointed out that 140mm radiators are near impossible to find, so youd have to put some type of 140mm to 120mm conversion on it, possibly making it hang too far down in the case to work... but... what about that pic? seems to work there... so im terribly curious about this one...

sent an email off to NZXT inquiring about it... yet to get a reply, but ill post it here when i do... in the mean time, anyone have any thoughts about the whole 'rad-in-the-top-of-this-case' issue? id love to hear anyones thoughts/opinions... thanks :]

oh, and...
u should consider a full tower before spending money on a mid tower especially with the monstrous 9800gx2's ur getting.
you can fit two gx2's in a midtower for sure, cant you? specially if were talking about this one (a tempest)... seems like it has more than enough room... :) - RK

looks like they were just demonstrating how a rad could fit in this case (my lexa blackline had different screw holes on the 120mm fan spots to accommodate 80 60 and 40mm fans so i would think the tempest would have the same for the 140mm.

The 9800gx2's are only half and inch longer then an ultra, there would be no prob fitting them into a mid case,,as long as the hdd rack isn't in the way.....

looks like they were just demonstrating how a rad could fit in this case (my lexa blackline had different screw holes on the 120mm fan spots to accommodate 80 60 and 40mm fans so i would think the tempest would have the same for the 140mm.

thats a definite possibility luke... heres a pick of whats supposedly under that phantom radiator... and mebbe those screw holes you were talking about, you think?

still tho, i would like to know for sure what the deal with this is, from the company or maybe from someone who owns one... hopefully theyll email me back... (i just looked and their headquarters are in china... so goodness knows how long its gonna take :*)
at the very least i wanna know what rad brand/model the one shown is, cuz it looks like it fits in there darn near perfect... and i think id wanna get the same one for when i get one of these cases (mebbe)...
but wait, you do agree with me that that pretty much is a 2-fan watercooling rad for sure then? and that it looks like it fits perfect in there, without obstructing the motherboard?
cuz as long as those two things are right... then ill find a way to make it work, and i want one of these cases :]
only other thing is... is this thing gloss black, or is it dark grey?!

DARK GREY?

VS.

GLOSS BLACK?

gosh, NZXT with its confusing pictures... lol :) - RK

hmm the pic u posted won't seem to load for me(i have tried 3 times now..prob because I'm on dial up) yeah it looks like a rad to me..although I'm not a water cooling expert. I think the tempest is black, it does look slightly Grey though doesn't it...my Lexa Blackline has gloss black and it scratches really easy. I have already scratched it in several places and i haven't even finished it.

i hope the fans arent loud or atealst have a fan controller....
But otherwise it looks lke most of the cooler masters...i like how they actually include all the fans...

hmm the pic u posted won't seem to load for me(i have tried 3 times now..prob because I'm on dial up) yeah it looks like a rad to me..although I'm not a water cooling expert. I think the tempest is black, it does look slightly Grey though doesn't it...my Lexa Blackline has gloss black and it scratches really easy. I have already scratched it in several places and i haven't even finished it.
looks like a flat black to me actually so in the light wit ha crapy camera may look like dark grey.

hmmm... thats prolly what it is: a flat black... but still... gosh, NZXT and its pictures are irritating! has anyone seen any new pics of this case from anywhere other than them?
post em if you do, plz...

Did you guys [hear that] the Hard Drive placement is vertical instead of horizontal , pretty cool.

haha, yea preacher... it is pretty neat... it allows for up to 8 hard disks to be in it at once, as opposed to the Antec 900's 6... :)

i hope the fans arent loud or at least have a fan controller....

big 120's like that usually arent too bad, but with so many of them running (plus the 140's...) i would assume that theyre... oh whatsit... sleeve bearings?... haha, the quiet ones... i mean, the 120's in my case are the quietest thing in it (then my Raptor, the 80 on the door, then my HSF :*) so i dont think there will be too many problems... if all else fails, switch the stock ones out for silent ones... theyre like < $5 lol... and with this thing retailing for only about $99USD... i wouldnt mind spending a couple extra bucks here and there...

But otherwise it looks like most of the cooler masters...

word on every site that i read about this case on is that its gonna be big competition for the Antec 900, actually... and (other than the front 'wings' lol) theres been mostly positive reviews for it... so who knows? maybe this case'll beat out the 900... well see... haha :) - RK

i don't really like the looks of this case but **** i wish i would have waited for it instead of getting the lexa blackline,,, i know what my next build will be in XD (unless something better is out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom