8800gts 512

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting really annoying.

I'd install XP, but the only reason i have vista is because i had so many problems trying to install XP, i'd rather not go through it again.

I've done a fresh install of Vista and I got it again after 5 minutes of playing COD4.

wow... I know i won't be buying an 8800 GTS 512

If games are going to crash what's the point of owning such a powerful card?

Has nothing to do with the hardware, trust me the 8800GTS is fine, its the drivers, and more importantly Vista. Both of my friends picked up an ultra last month and are on vista. They have been having nothing but problems with it. I am also at the point that i want to deliver my vista dvd's ( yes, plural, being an idiot i ended up with both 32bit and 64bit) and tell them to shove it up their *** because my system has been so buggy since SP1 that i am at a loss for words.
Go to XP and most those problems will go away, its what my friends did and they regret ever giving vista a try. They also got 2000 more points on 3d mark and 10FPS more in crysis...grr stupid vista

Has nothing to do with the hardware, trust me the 8800GTS is fine, its the drivers, and more importantly Vista. Both of my friends picked up an ultra last month and are on vista. They have been having nothing but problems with it. I am also at the point that i want to deliver my vista dvd's ( yes, plural, being an idiot i ended up with both 32bit and 64bit) and tell them to shove it up their *** because my system has been so buggy since SP1 that i am at a loss for words.
Go to XP and most those problems will go away, its what my friends did and they regret ever giving vista a try. They also got 2000 more points on 3d mark and 10FPS more in crysis...grr stupid vista

Yeah i scored like 10000 on 3dmark, and then i see people with the same exact system on xp scoring 13000, idk what it is. Vista is a pretty stable OS if you're not considering gaming on it. I'm gonna see if i can put XP on a partition maybe and use vista just for work and XP for gaming.

I'll miss DX10 :(

I only got Vista for its bling factor. I don't have any major probs w/ it now as most of my programs are updated but switching to XP will allow me to use other programs that aren't updated for vista still

Some people have no problems with vista at all.... -_-

well i wish i were one of them. I reformatted last month hoping to relinquish some errors messages. Downloaded all the latest drivers from manufactures webpages, lates nvdia drivers ect. Nothing is overclocked and no games installed and my system is still unstable. I've looked into all the error message i get and they are all vista related issues. i am also one of the lucky ones to get screwed over by SP1. boot times have increased by 2 mins..which is alot considering it used to take me 1.5mins to get to desktop....and well the list goes on...

i think i will forgo DX10 and welcome the extra FPS i will get out of my games with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom