want to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 1:1 ratio now. Right now I am running at 3.06ghz and 1.25 volts and I ran 3dmark06 and got a score of 13,300. I am running prime95 right now and I am going to leave it on all night.

On my temps, 2 cores are around 54 and the other 2 are around 44. Why are they so different? While stress testing, which temp should I be keeping an eye on, the cpu temp or the system temp? The system temp is at 38 right now. I still don't understand why one of the temps is showing -2 degrees.

What motherboard is that from? Mine does not have the option below the System Memory Multiplier, High Speed DLL Settings. What does the SPD stand for?

What number will I be changing, 800 or 1333?

Its your Mobo. My dad has the same one and it has that. Seriously though did you read? You don't even know any of the bios terms at all.

I have it at 3.2ghz and I ran the Overclock Check Tool and after 3 minutes I got a error code 1. The first time I ran the tool at 3.2, I was getting the BSOD so I upped the voltage to somewhere around 2.6 volts. Now I am not getting the BSOD, but it says code 1. What does that code mean? I guess I need to up the voltage a little more.

System memory multiplier. Notice that when you change it the line right under it also changes to let you know what speed will come as a result.

In that pic of the bios, what is all the options above the CPU voltage control for? Do I need to be messing with that?

Also if I remember correctly, the timings on my ram shown in the bios are 6-6-6-18. Stock is 5-5-5-18. Can I bring that down to stock speed?

Most of the time you'll only need to touch if your aiming for a high FSB overclock. DDR2 is obviously your ram voltage. So lets say it reads as 1.8v and its suppose to run at 2.0v. You would then add 0.2v ( 1.8 + 0.2= 2.0v) just like how you have it in that pic. MCH overVoltage is your Northbridge. If you find that your around 400+ Fsb and it becomes unstable and you've already added some cpu vcore and its still unstable you can try to add alittle MCH voltage to make it stable. FSB overvoltage is your Southbridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom