Very strange computer issues. No one knows the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiyana

Beta member
Hey there. I have multiple problems with my computer. I was wondering if anyone here actually knew the answers. I've asked several people and searched as well and no one/no where seems to know.

All right, here's my different issues. They are getting worse as time goes on. They used to be only minor.

First of all:
I received my custom computer in March of 2007.

O/S: Vista
RAM: 1022 MB
Processor: AMD Anthlon (tm) 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 3800+ 2.00 GHz

I only had one problem in the beginning and it was---
SOMETIMES when the power cord was taken from the computer or it was shut down incorrectly the monitor wouldn't react with the computer. I didn't have a clue of what to do before, so i just tried to keep turning it back on. Eventually the computer's monitor would react again and everything would be fine. As time went by the problem increased heavily more and anytime the power cord or the computer got shutdown incorrectly, it wouldn't turn back on. A problem to solve that and the ONLY way I've figured out how to solve that is to reset the BIOS. Now to this present day anytime the computer gets shutdown even normally for more than an hour or so, the only way you can get the computer to react with the monitor is to reset the bios. It has nothing to do with the monitor however. This issue resides with any monitor you provide it.

A problem that also occurred later was that anytime you removed the cord that came from any headset/speakers from the back of the computer and you wanted to plug a different one in or replug them back in, it wouldn't work. You would have to restart the computer 1-3 times before the sound started working. All sound drivers are up to date.

A problem also happened around that time as well. This hasn't happened in a while, but if I ever let to do "disccheck" it would sometimes not be able to "insert file 28" and it would spam that across my computer screen for atleast 20 minutes before the computer started up. The computer would, at the time, if I didn't perform disccheck it wouldn't fully start up. It would get to the "windows vista loading screen" then restart itself to the beginning of "Want to start window's normally?" etc. It would do that repetitively for about the time of 20 minutes as said.

Another problem is my computer has random "crashes." I suppose you could call them. It's a strange form of "crash" also. The computer just freezes in place for about 1 second then turns black loads the windows vista screen back up again. It happens aimly if my computer is running a large program, such as a game, and I decided to exit out of it. Once it did it when I went to someone's website. I guess it was graphic intense?

All of these problems sound like a motherboard issue. Is the video and sound on board or did you buy separate parts? The diskcheck is fine as it does repeat the same message often. Need to know more about your computer though. Motherboard, video, sound and hard drive.

I blame Vista.

Even for the things that couldn't have been Vista. I blame Vista.

*Hawk.12 HATES Vista.

It sounds like Motherboard to me as well. List specifically your hard ware so we can pick it apart a little more. It might do you some good to download the latest chipset drivers and whatnot for your mobo and reinstall them.

Yeah I dislike vista as well. I would honestly prefer to downgrade.

All of these problems sound like a motherboard issue. Is the video and sound on board or did you buy separate parts? The diskcheck is fine as it does repeat the same message often. Need to know more about your computer though. Motherboard, video, sound and hard drive.

All right here's the information on my computer. If I'm missing something let me know:

Motherboard : DFI Corp,LTD LP UT NF590 SLI
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7600 GT
Audio : MCP55 High Definition Audio
Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yeah I dislike vista as well. I would honestly prefer to downgrade.

All right here's the information on my computer. If I'm missing something let me know:

Motherboard : DFI Corp,LTD LP UT NF590 SLI
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 7600 GT
Audio : MCP55 High Definition Audio
Hard Disk : WDC (250 GB)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Integrated audio. Signifies a problem with your motherboard, the video issue could be the motherboard not reading the card correctly or something wrong with the PCI slot.

Switch your video card to the second slot and see what happens. If it is still doing it try to use another video card. Just get anyone to lend you their's but make sure it's a PCI-E and not AGP. They don't have to worry about their card blowing up either. Also try using another stick of RAM in a different slot than the one you're using now.

If the second card is still doing the same thing and you've tried another stick of RAM I am 99% sure it is the motherboard. Reason I'm sure is that video and/or memory is really the only problem you have left that could be something other than the board. You'll need to change the entire board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom