Vista Taking for Ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and no. If you are combine the partitions when they are empty then yes. But if you have data on them it is much trickier. As that data has to be moved from the one partition to the other. Which is not easily done. GParted can do this as well.
Thanks.

Having trouble downloading Gparted though, i got on the site, clicked on downloads and its so confusing, i managed to download something which was a .Tar file? i cant open that. :confused:

That would have to be opened with WinRar. You want version 0.3.3 or 0.33 i think. One of those. It is a livecd that you want. That one will be a .rar file and will extract to a ISO that you can burn and use as a livecd. The one you downlaoded was for Linux.

It is easier to use the LiveCD version. First you cant use just the app in Windows. Since it is a Linux app. 2nd working off the LiveCD you dont have to fight with Windows permissions or getting denied cause the file system is in use. This way you work from a boot environment with nothing of Windows loaded and you can do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom