Tell me what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff1988

In Runtime
After 3 weeks of vigorous reviewing and thought I have finally came up with a pretty solid build or atleast I think so. Let me know what you think please.

Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 MoBo
C2Q Q6600
AC Freezer 7 Pro
eVGA 512mb 8800GT
Corsair HX520 PSU
Antec 900 Case
A-DATA 2GB(2x1) PC26400
WD Caviar 16MB 640GB HDD
Lite-On Combo DVD-CDRW

Total after MiR's and Shipping is $1054.51 USD

i think this build is pretty good

i wouldn't bother with the xeon chips, i don't know a lot about them but i know you could push the Q6600 to 3ghz without any problems, 3.6ghz at a push

that to me pretty much sums up why to get a Q6600

The Xeons are just server versions of the E8400. The only reason you would prob get it tho is if you had your mindset on the 8400 but couldnt find it

Id go w/ the XIGMATEK over the ACF7 since you cant buy TRUEs from newegg and they are $60

640GB is kind of random, I dont kno how much it is but I suggest the 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 for $109

Ive heard that that RAM will suffice, but you might be better off going with a brand that you know will work well, such as Crucial, OCZ, G.Skill, or Patriot

The CPU is good, the graphics card is good.

That HDD is also good, very large cache and 320mb platters...

From what I heard, not from personal experience, but A.DATA ram is good ram, but I agree, I would go with a brand name that we're more familiar with or you're more familiar with.

For example, OCZ, G.Skill, Corsair, Kingston, etc. My own personal preference is Kingston but each of these would be better due to lower latencies than the A.Data RAM which would allow more overclockability.

ive decided on the Q6600
as for memory i might go with mushkin...ive had mushkin ddr400 for 3 years and no problems very trustworthy

that hdd is like 110 and i prefer WD over Seagate based on prior experience

The AC Freezer 7 Pro is very highly reviewed/recommended

Thanks for the feedback guys keep it coming

there is a chart somewhere around here that shows all of the temperatures of Air cooled CPU coolers, the TRUE is second to a TEC cooler, third is the XIGMATEK, then the ACF7 I believe is fourth

I personally have two WD hds and I love them, so ya cant go wrong those

Ive never used Mushkin before but Ive read that plenty of ppl like them as well, so should be perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom