Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i'm getting shafted with my VID on my e2200.. my vid is 1.325 and i can't get it stable above 2.75... plus with crap stock intel cooling i idle at 38 at 2.75 but as soon as i bump up voltage at all it goes haywire

Temps do effect stability........

Processors have their limits ya know...

but it doesn't effect stability directly

sure if you go to 100 degrees your PC will shutdown and your CPU will probably fry

but a high load of 70 won't be less stable then a cpu with a load of 50 will it?

Yes it will, if you leave both processors at those given temps for say 6 months, the one at 70C will fail more often than the one at 50C.

Maybe this will be seen in random shut downs or in programs randomly closing but the one at 70C will be less stable than the one at 50C over a variable time.

yep tech forums is definatly great alltho i dont spend lots of time on here as much as others lol, i came here because i was banned from computerforums.com for false acusaions of harrasement using the pm system. over all i love the atmosphere of tech-forums not to big and us regulars try to be helpfull. andn ow ive got the top over clock on air cooling not even lapped ;) i cant wait till it is lapped and water cooled.

To post my results in here, does the results have to be final? I am at 3.3 right now but I am not done yet.

Is the VID listed in the bios? I want to make sure I put the correct VID down. How do you take a screenshot of the bios? Can you use the print screen button or do you actually have to take a pic of it with a camera?

Maybe not final, but don't give us updates everytime your hit a new stable mark 20 Mhz more than last clock or something small like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom