suggestions on a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

emd2260

Solid State Member
welp my dell dimensions 2350 has seen its days hahaha..going to be getting a new computer..
Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Infinity 5310 Core 2 Duo E6550(2.33GHz) 2GB DDR2 250GB NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS Windows Vista Home Premium - Retail
i foound that, and with a 19" lcd is right around my price, about 900-1000 bucks...is that a good deal? and with that, it comes with an NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS..and i plan on installing COD4 and crysis..is it possible to add another video card to it? or will that be enough/not enough for those type of games?

i would just build one, but i have no idea how to do any of it...would it be wiser to build one? thanks for anyone who can help!

emd

I don't know the exact specs on that card, but it's probably a 256MB card I'm guessing? And normally the GS models are slower than GT's. If you want a good budget card that will play COD4 well and will play Crysis on alteast medium, I would go for atleast an 8600 or if you have a little extra, go for a 9600GT, which can be found for very cheap and perform very well.

thanks surge...so would that computer be a decent enough computer? and if i picked up a 9600 would i just have to take out the other one and replace it? or would ikeep them both in?

It would be kind of silly to buy a second card. The best thing to do would be to find a configuration that already has a better card in it and is still in your price range.

Eh, from the sounds of it, though, I don't think he really needs a high end machine with a quad core. Plus he does need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and probably speakers as well.

Eh, from the sounds of it, though, I don't think he really needs a high end machine with a quad core. Plus he does need a monitor, keyboard, mouse, and probably speakers as well.

yeah but saying that the guys budget is between $900 and $1000, the rig just posted comes to $825 which give $175 for a monitor, keyboard, mouse and speaker's

and even if wanted he could put a E8400 in there instead of the Q6600 and have a bit more for the other stuf

The cheapest 19" monitor, plus a cheap but good quality mouse and keyboard combination, would be around $200 at a minimum. I'd say the 9600GT for a video card would be plenty for what he wants, and that would save him some as well. Plus the processor he has is also plenty for his gaming needs. If the E8400 would just be in stock, maybe that would be a viable option :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom