Windows XP theme in Style XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah... just regedit yourself.. and search for everything that says style xp and delete it.

OK, two problems with that statement.

1. Searching for keys you believe are associated with that program and manually deleting them will 9 time out of 10, NOT find all the keys that the program installs. Only a good reg cleaner will do it correctly.

2. Giving people whos skill level and knowledge you arent absolutly aware of, the advice to enter and edit the registry, is dangerous, foolish, and generally frowned upon by the IT industry. not everyone is as comfortable in the registry as some of us, and considering that making one wrong change in the registry, or deleting one thing by accident can destroy windows and require a complete restore, it is BAD advice to tell people to edit their registry when other options are available, and more reliable.

This is not an attack on you, just a friendly reminder to be sure the advice you give out is suitable for the person your giving it to.

Ecniv its ok im ok with the registry. I have deleted the style xp keys in Hkey user and machine and im doing a search for the tmp files now..ill post in abit if i have any problems

Thats fine, however, others who post here may now, and I have seen way to many instances, (not neccesarily here) where people have been instructed to edit their registry and have came back later extremely pissed because they F'ed their system up.

in other words, its always best to find another way if possible.

I have tried reinstalling and deleted teh tmp files but to no avail. Any other suggestions on why it is doing this?

lol, I tried it again and did an sfc but again to no avial. I deleted the whole folder and tried it again but it still says there is an invalid key. Would i be able to get acces to it and delete it?

Have you tried downloading a reg cleaner like System mechanic and running that?

Otherwise, the only way I see you getting that key out of the registry is to resore back to a date before you ever installed style XP in the first place.

I dont know.. I have never had any problems with regedit and getting everything that I have need to re-install software. I can see your point about anyone trying it, but I have had problems with those reg cleaners messing things up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom