Unable to boot after using partizan/unhackme/regrun/what ever..

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrophyte

Baseband Member
still banging head against a wall that i even installed that #*%& software... this is what i already posted in the support forum of that software's company's website (www.greatis.com):

i just installed regrun platinum 5.7 since i read that this software was able to remove win32/iroffer, which i suspected to have some remaining, non-active files left on my computer (ms-java.exe, s.dll etc.), which it by the way did not although present in the windows/driver/i386 folder..

i updated the database, ran some utilities (didnt delete anything, just looked at what it would detect - as mentioned before, it didnt detect ms-java.exe as a malware..), and then ran the partizan bootwatch rootkit detection which asked me to reboot in order to search for rootkits...

i did so, and after the winxp bootscreen a blue screen appeared saying

regrun partizan - bootwatch antirootkit. greatis software (c) 2007-2008
partizan driver is active.

well, thats as far as my computer comes now. safe mode > hangs up while still booting up windows (last loaded device is mup.sys)

last good configuration causes blank screen.

CTRL-ALT-DEL doesnt work. i can only boot again after shutting down using the power button.

i. e. - OBVIOUSLY NO WAY TO BOOT MY COMPUTER AGAIN

any suggestions?

i can 100% assure that my computer was completely spyware/malware/virus- FREE

specs:
hp notebook nx9030
winxp professional sp2

before rebooting after running regrun/partizan.. for the first time, EVERYTHING WENT PERFECTLY

any suggestions?
PS: debugging mode - same problem, win domain controllers only - after loading controllers the partizan driver is active text appears again, but this time on the black screen, not the win blue screen.

Well without safe mode or lsat known good config you are at a lose. Maybe a repair install. But that is all that might work for you.

i just disabled "partizan" using bootcfg in the recovery console.

well, now after the windows bootscreen the same blue screen appears, only now it only says:

regrun partizan - bootwatch antirootkit. greatis software (c) 2007-2008

without "partizan driver is active."

i cant find any other service that is still enabled that could be part of that software.

is there any other way to disable everything related to that regrun/unhackme/partizan trash? it has to be started before all other services in order to detect rootkits, so where could that entry be, maybe registry? can i access the registry somehow?

i still cant believe this is happening.. some few hours ago my computer went perfectly and now..

i just found some technical information about that trash..

partizan (part of unhackme, which is part of the regrun suite :/) starts using the UNHACKMEDRV.SYS kernel driver

in the registry the entries are
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
BootExecute

and RunOnceEx

..so, anyone an idea how to stop/disable/delete/reset UNHACKME.SYS and those two registry entries (bootexecute & runonceex) using the recovery console or any other method while not being able to boot windows?

thanks..

There is no way to stop it without getting into Windows. You will have to do a repair install. There are very few ways to actually get the registry of a system and modify it without actually booting into it. Most of it incurs Linux LiveCD's and a lot of knowledge.

is there any way to see the exact order in which the win/sys32/drivers/ controllers are being loaded?

cause since the last one loaded before everything stops when trying the safe mode was mup.sys, so i disabled it, and now the same occurs after the one controller before mup.sys is being loaded.

so there must be a controller being loaded after mup.sys that causes the problem, but how can i find out which one it is? unfortunately they're not being loaded alphabetically.. :/

No they do not load in any specific order and again you can not see this without getting into Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom