*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

well unlock ur bios on it and pencil mod it ul end up ocign that monster far, what 3870 are you getting im hoping its the special edition his 3870 is the only one worth considering.

I went with the HIS..the non-turbo edition. It was $180 shipped. Not a bad deal IMO.

I sold my Ultra for $450, so the extra money went on a credit card. I'll eventually buy another or just upgrade when prices drop in the summer.

I went with the HIS..the non-turbo edition. It was $180 shipped. Not a bad deal IMO.

I sold my Ultra for $450, so the extra money went on a credit card. I'll eventually buy another or just upgrade when prices drop in the summer.

u shud be good with that card for a while.
I dont even oc my gpu to play games....except for crysis even though it barely makes any diff...

i had like 8.5k stock and when i bumped it to 2.75 i hit almost 10k and i noticed a huge improvement on the gfx test portions, so the cpu is quite a bit of a bottleneck, but as i oc it it gets better and better. just haven't had the time to spend oc'ing it like i'd like to.

also, if cup can hit 4 on his 1.7v i'll be quite impressed.

I can get it! Temps in the bios were around 70*C... lol, any increases in voltage gave me the temperature alarm

I might be able to experiment with the NB/SB/VTT Core Termination (w/e its called) voltages to get it to boot...

Once I either upgrade my loop or buy an A/C, I'll be sure to reach 4

Impressive otis. With xp and @ 4ghz you would blow past 18k for sure. Glad you got those cards didnt you?

Thanks buddy :)

I think tomorrow I'll get XP going. And I'll get the peltier around 4 or so hopefully. Realisticly I'll have everything up and going friday night or saturday mid day. With the peltier, I'll crank up the voltage. I'm hoping to get 4.2, if the ambient temps arent that bad. I'm glad I'm doing all of this now, It's late march and the temperature is going to start getting warmer over the next few months.

And yes dude, I really am glad. It was these guys, an 8800GTS, or a 3780X2. I couldn't be more happier with em! I'd recommened them to anybody, aslong as you are down for running SLI and have the mobo/PSU to support it.

I should also add too, for memory, the Ballistix are amazing sticks, theirs no question about that. I used them in my last build and weer great. But if you're down for spending $99 on memory, then a $35 MIR, then Corsair Dominator 2x1GB DDR2 1066 are an amazing buy. 1200mhz no problem.

true.... although there isnt any INTENSIVE game except crysis.
I bet he can max every other game...although ive heard ati has probs with increasing AA.

In my experience they handle AA just as well as the 8800s...they are just slower cards so when you put on the AA you notice the slowdown more. Going from 75 o 45 fps is much more noticeable than going from 90 to 60fps.

I've had a 8800GTS 640mb and a voltmodded 8800GTS 512mb btw. :)

In my experience they handle AA just as well as the 8800s...they are just slower cards so when you put on the AA you notice the slowdown more. Going from 75 o 45 fps is much more noticeable than going from 90 to 60fps.

I've had a 8800GTS 640mb and a voltmodded 8800GTS 512mb btw. :)

man..uve voltmodded it to ...whats the highest clock uve gotten in to?

900mhz core , 2.3ghz shader, 2.2ghz mem

That was on 1.49v though and my stock cooler was pretty much at its limits. For some reason after 1.38-1.4v the G92 chip starts chucking out tons of heat. The heat and power usage seems to increase exponentially :p

Back
Top Bottom