Vista Boot Crap, Hack, Crack, whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
So as you probably followed in this post:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/vista-x64-worth-trouble-170289/#post133806I wanted to try out Vista Ultimate x64. I didn't want to buy the thing because as you know it's very expensive, so I decided to load it off the torrents. Now I know what some of you are thinking that it's illegal and all, but Microsoft gives you a 30-day trial without a serial or activation, so it's perfectly legal. However the copy that I downloaded came with some bios emulation hack or something that every time I boot the machine, there is a message after the bios with a bunch of witting, it goes by really fast but all I can catch is BootLoader 3.2 or something of that sort. I deleted the x64 partition and now I have my regular x86 Vista (which is legit), but the stupid hack is still there. It really bugs me because I can't seem to pinpoint the location, and a reformat right now is not an option, since I am in the middle of so many projects. Anybody knows how to get rid of this crackware?

Nope. It is a bootloader crack. Repair it with the Vista DVD if you can. If not yoru outaa luck.

I tried the DVD and it says Windows can't fix the boot because it can't find any problems, and last successful boot was yesterday. How do hackers remove this stuff? and I thought SP1 can't be cracked and it removes all cracks. Should I reinstall SP1?

SP1 can be cracked. It has not been AFAIK. Reinstalling SP1 will not get rid of this. This is a boot hack not a Vista hack. To get rid of it you must get rid of all your boot files and anything associated with them.

how do I get rid of all my boot files? And then I can just repair the boot with the DVD?

Go into your C: drive and delete the boot files. They are hidden and system files so you have to unhide all your files. After you do you will see the boot folder in the root of the C:\ drive. Just delete that. REstart with the Vista DVD in and do your repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom