want to start overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been messing around with RivaTuner and now my temps are down to 36 and still dropping. I increased the fan speed on the gpu and what a big difference.

go into your bios all yu have to do is up your fsb your chip has a multiplier of 9x so calculate what fsb u would need to have 3ghz. try and boot if it doesnt work u boost ur cpu vcore a tincy bit by no more then 0.05 volts at a time. until it boots and is stable.

don't use EasyTune... its terrible, bios oc's are the best because they are stable and directly oc the CPU... when you startup your PC, the OC will be applied, with EasyTune its tied to the program/windows

anyways, overclock until you reach ~70C

amd is wrong... theres no point in not overclocking if you below ~70C... unless you need to use crazy volts (1.6+ since it lowers your CPU's life span by a lot)
where did i say he shouldnt over clock to the max. he said he wanted to oc to 3ghz which is where he was satisfied. i didnt say he shouldnt oc, i said he shouldtn oc at those temps at idle since that is relatively high for stock speeds on an after market cooler. at load he probably allready hits mid 60's, but i didnt say stop at 3 i told him how to get to 3 because that is what he asked for. by all means oc as far as you can aslong as its stable

i have the tuniq tower 120, u only need a thing line and when u put ur heat sink on turn it about15/20 degress each way. if its not lower then dont even consider overclockign with that heatsink, i knew it was an ok sink but i dotn think its to good for quads, im using ocz5+ paste to OCZ Technology | Products | Cooling Products | OCZ Ultra 5+ Silver Thermal Compound *EOL

aparently its made by artic silver and uses the as5 formula.

anyways...

he also said his load temp is 48*C (probaby wrong... but anyways) so he has 22*C more to go...

I used several different programs to monitor temps and all give me about the same reading.

Back to overclocking, how do I up my FSB and vcore? I did not see anything like that in the bios. Is it called something else?

I have been doing a lot of reading on how to overclock. I think I figured it out somewhat. Right now, I raised the FSB to 285. The multiplier is on 9x so 285x9 is 2.564.9. I have not changed anything else. I have the system voltages set to auto. Something I don't understand, I am using CPU-Z to see what the clock is but the multiplier keeps going back and forth between 6 and 9x. Why is it doing that? The rated FSB is 1140 and the core voltage is 1.328. I think I am going back to stock for now until I find out what is going on.

disable C1E and EIST and you should set your voltages manually. Go into bios and then into advanced bios feature. Your Fsb is Cpu Host Frequency

I don't remember seeing anything like that. I don't go into advanced bios features, I have to go to MIB Intelligent Tweaker to change the fsb and stuff.

Well, I set everything back to stock and CPU-Z is still showing 6x multiplier and 1600 core speed. Does this mean I am running at 1.6ghz? Has there been known problems with CPU-Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom