Buying four 3870X2's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I have the opportunity to buy four 3870X2's for a total of $1380 flat from a local seller, no taxes, no shipping, nothing

that comes to $345 each

so I'm wondering a couple of things - firstly, as far as benchmarks are concerned, the 3870X2's seem to only be decent for synthetic benchmarks, of all the benchmark results I've seen, anything in the gameplay department sees hardly any difference from my 8800GTS (in some cases it beats out the 3870X2) Am I missing something here? Maybe the benches I've seen are with old drivers.. I don't know, if there's a review that uses updated drivers, I'd really appreciate a link - if so then I might consider replacing my GTS

secondly, how much demand is there for these things on Ebay? The cheapest Canadian price I could find is $420... think it'd be worth trying to make a profit off of these? If I sell them for $400 a piece, I'm looking at $220 profit, but how likely is that? Maybe a $3xx price would be more appealing, so knocking off $5 off each unit will give me a nice round profit of $200 and an attractive price tag of $395

I was also thinking that maybe I can bargain with the guy, to buy all four of them at $330 instead, or something

The guy's pretty trustworthy, he's well known on a local forum I go to and has a decent rep there

I don't know, what do you guys think?

update: I'm looking at local online classifieds (for Montreal only), and I see these 3870X2's running for $350-$360 individually, so this isn't looking too good, although, I have reason to believe the ads might be the same guy I'm buying from...

and no auctions on the card at all on ebay.ca...

what brand are they i may buy my second 3870x2 from you if there saphire, and we could just drive and have a cash exchange lol. ur not very far maybe like 60 minut drive at most 30 if we meat half way lol, alltho my uncle is coming over from australia on the 19th and 20th of april hes 19 but im 18 we may go drinking in quebec to lol.

Do it, that way if you want to sell a certain amount off you can make a profit by selling them closer to newegg value.

You can always keep two, sell two.

either way i want one even if i have to drive to montreal lol, close and reliable/safe. and i dotn have to wait on shipping, how soon do you think your getting these?

well whats teh cheapest u could give one to me for? and what if i tossed in my 7950gt to. like i am getting wild sides for 300$ and i have to ship him my 7950gt. but id prefer to drive to you and get one. since ur so close and a cash exchange is possible. also what brand are they?

well i messaged him, i hope i can get one of these alltho wildiside is a better bet for me atm now since i dont know this guy and i have to drive there. if it was to meat merk i wouldnt have a problem lol, and i woulda been helping a forum member and vice versa. its just 50$ extra and money for gas is $$$ il just paypal wildside monday i think. 300$ and a 7950gt plus shipping on the 7950 seems fair to me. plus he wants to get rid of the card. alltho merk u could easly sell these for 420$ on ebay new and ud still make good money and ud still sell them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom