garbage characters in Procomm Plus 4.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

bresin

Beta member
Hope someone can help,

I have a system running Pro Comm plus 4.8 on Win 2k - Connection is fine and everything works well. That same modem line running off an XP system brings back garbage characters after the connection is made. Both systems are Dell's - The modem on the disfunctional system is Conexant D480. I know Procomm plus has limited compatibility with XP but we have other XP systems that work fine with it. I've checked the modem settings against each other and they all match. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bresin

Have you pilfered Symmantec's support site for info on setup? If you're getting a garbbled mess, either one machine is using a different ISO standard (which I highly doubt) or you messed something up in the install. I suppose you could be getting some problems from a bad peice of network equipment, too, so don't rule that out.

re:garbage characters in procomm plus

Ok - thanks for the reply ShoobieRat. I just reinstalled the modem drivers and it seems to work fine. I never thought of reinstalling the drivers at first because the connection went through fine. Go Figure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom