*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

Oh so you went over the recommended by Intel for the suicide run? I thought you just had it at 1.5v...

Nice job Otis... really impressive stuff. I think I'm gonna try to get my q6600 up there on this crappy board just for fun :D you inspired me.

Thanks a lot! I appreciate it. Ha, ya, it's fun stuff. Just make sure to keep that ish as cool as possible.

So, I'm booting right now @ 3.8ghz @ 1.52 and I'm hoping I can run something.

HA

nvm

Windows just froze on the welcome screen. Well crap. Time to call it a day. Gotta hit up the gym then see the girlfriend.

Well, tomorrow I get my free peltier cooler from a buddy. Can't say I plan on using it 24/7, but for a suicide run I'm sure it'll come in handy. I'm hoping to get atleast 3.8ghz and run 3Dmark, but so far I can't even get into windows at that. Maybe I'll try 1.53 or 1.54, we'll see.

I'll be sure to start OC'ing her tomorrow as soon as I can, then I'll post what I get!

3.8 3dmark is easy as pie!!!!

4.0 and 4.1 is where it gets hard to stay stable

and by the way... i need to know before i decide to buy a 780i

what is the max fsb voltage on that thing? does it go over 1.55?

3.8 3dmark is easy as pie!!!!

4.0 and 4.1 is where it gets hard to stay stable

and by the way... i need to know before i decide to buy a 780i

what is the max fsb voltage on that thing? does it go over 1.55?

Easy as pie? Hmm. Well, sure hasn't been that easy yet ha. I maybe being a bit conservative on the voltage. I just cranked it up to 1.56 and now I'm booting into windows. Blah, I just hate going this high. Granted, no core's above 33c right now, but still ha.

ya.. just can't be scared to give it the juice!!! i think at 1.56v you should be able to get it.... could be the pencil mod on my mobo that helps w/ the voltage though (thanks to mgcook)

you should look it up and do it to your mobo

yeah, dont be afraid to push it up. It can handle it. :D just dont keep it that way all the time

LOL, you guys are scared of 1.55!? I pushed mine to 1.7 last night... in an attempt to get a booting 4.0 GHZ on my e2200... I failed utterly, but I'll try again tonight

ya.. just can't be scared to give it the juice!!! i think at 1.56v you should be able to get it.... could be the pencil mod on my mobo that helps w/ the voltage though (thanks to mgcook)

you should look it up and do it to your mobo

I'm hoping that should be enough! I'll try it when I get the chance to work on my rig again, hopefully later tonight. I'll check out the pencil mod thing, I've read about it a few times, I'll look into it for sure, thanks.

yeah, dont be afraid to push it up. It can handle it. :D just dont keep it that way all the time

Ha, I won't. I just want to hit 4ghz and have it documented. Hopefully farther with the peltier on there too :)

LOL, you guys are scared of 1.55!? I pushed mine to 1.7 last night... in an attempt to get a booting 4.0 GHZ on my e2200... I failed utterly, but I'll try again tonight

1.7! Jeebus. That'd be sick if you did.

4ghz is a lot to ask from a e2200, I'm not sure that more voltage will get you there :/

Impressive otis. With xp and @ 4ghz you would blow past 18k for sure. Glad you got those cards didnt you?

well when i went to 1.58, i had my side panel off, my windows open(i live in mn) and it was about 0 degrees here with a bad windchill...
so i didnt have to worry about temps...although once i smelt smoke and i got scared as ****

later on i realised it was from the neighbors hous....

Back
Top Bottom