Building new computer - Need GPU and PSU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specs don't matter always, because if you based everything on specs one would think that the HD3870 > 8800Ultra, which isn't true

idk why the 8800gt is faster, but benchmarks (both real time and synthetic) say its faster, but I think the HD3870's are way cheaper than the 8800gt is currently

but the 8800gt 256mb < hd3870 512mb

and NEVER NEVER NEVER cheap out on the Power supply, but if you don't want to spend more than $90 get the Corsair 450vx and don't try to overclock :D

also Abit IP35-e is a good alternative to the Gigabyte p35-ds3l for cheaper

why cheap out on the psu, its the backbone of your system. I would get a vx550, put it this way about the gpu: 8800gt = better 3870 = worse lol, different core perhaps is why the 8800gt is faster.

So none of these PSU can hold its ground with my system and a bit of overclocking on the CPU, and Video Card?
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
The FSP FX600-GLN is a nice choice for a PSU.

Also, is my RAM any good for overclocking and does overclock make much of a difference if I overclock it?
I have that RAM kit, but in my opinion, its not much of an overclocking RAM. I couldn't really get past stock on those. Here is a better pair of overclocking RAM:
Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Looked at your wish list. If you're going to be overclocking a quad core, I'd suggest getting a better cooler than the ACF7 Pro, to handle it's heat output. I'd recommend this:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

Okay I updated the wish list again and I put in the Zotac 8800GT and changed the RAM:
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersio...WishListNumber=8132146&WishListTitle=Number+4

Okay so now all I need is the PSU. Which one of these two do I get?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mpareItemList=N82E16817139001,N82E16817104014

The FSP FX600 has more 12v Rails (what does that mean and does it help?) and it's $15 cheaper. Also it has a 600w maximum output. But the Corsair 520HX has a longer warranty and I guess better quality or what?

Id go w/ the xigmatek cooler

and wow you spent more on speakers than any other part, I would have gotten ~100 speakers and upgraded other things personally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom