Transporting Computer Overseas Shipping: Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
THanks for the input all. It's actually a tough call.

On one hand I could take the time to make sure everything will be safe and sound (and I have to wait 5 weeks to get my stuff back anyway).

On the other hand, I could ship it all as one piece and hope for the fact that they do break it so I could collect the insurance and get even nicer stuff.

Hmmmmm.

id insure it ship it and see what happens.

The problem is that insurance normally have a clause in there saying that if the damage is caused by a part coming loose inside the box, and there is no damage to the outside, then you are not covered.
When it comes down to IT gear, they normally have a lot of clauses.

If it was me, I would be taking the PC apart.
Lots of padding around the hard drive. Ever had a return authorisation from Seagate. One of those boxes would be perfect for the hard drive.

Place Mobo, CPU, Video Card, Ram into anti-stratic bags.
Wrap things up in bubble wrap.
And if you can get wrap all the contents up in plastic wrap just to make sure it water proof.

Leave the case. What I would be looking at is how much it would cost to purchase a new Case vs. cost of shipping the case.

If you are going to send every thing via surface, then I will recommend that use the plastic wrap around the contents to ensure that the goods are not going to get wet. I have seen what salt water does to electronics.... not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom