Solid State Member
I am very confused now, over which new GPU to get 8800GT GTS or GTX

My system specs at current.

Abit Ip35 Pro
Q6600 @ 3ghz
4GB Corsair XMS2
HIS X1950 Pro

Seasonic S12

Now I have about £250 to play with for a new GPU, in the coming week, I fancy the XFX 8800GTX, due to it being the top end model, but on some forums I am being told a 8800GT does the same, and/or that I should only consider the 8800GTS, and disregard the 8800GTX.

Which is the best for gaming at 1680 by 1050 on games like COD4, BF2142, TDU, Crysis etc

Go with the GT unless the money is burning a hole in your pocket. The GTX is a little faster, but not enough that you would be able to tell it. The GTS is a little slower, enough to be noticed if side-by-side, I am told.

I am confused though a high end GT costs about the same as a XFX 8800GTX? surely the GTX is a superior card or would not NVidia be killing themselves on that one?

Which GT would you recommend.

At that resolution, check out the 9600GT it performs almost as well as the GT until you hit the 24" monitors and is dirt cheap.

Or wait until next tuesday and pick up the 9800GTX :)

How much will the 9800GTX I plan on only spending £200 if I can hence the fight with the 8800series, I see how the clocks on the 8800GT are impressive, but the GTX seems to have a lure over me

The 9800GTX is supposed to be around 350 US, not sure what it'll be over on the other side of the pond. But its basically coming out at the same price that the GTS512 did when it launched back in december.

I am buying this Wednesday if I can, so if it comes out near then for the right price I may buy it.

Will a Seasonic S12 600 be enough though?

Yep, more than enough. I imagine at worst it draws 150w since the GX2 draws around 197w. I run SLI GTS512s and a quad core with only a corsair 512hx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom