I need a PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff1988

In Runtime
I am building a new system in an antec 900 case w/ a Gigabyte p35-ds3l/e6750 and i need a good PSU to power my system. It needs a power cable long enough to reach the 20pin on my motherboard since the 900 has a bottom mount PSU. Also I plan on doing minor OC'ing and running several extra cooling fans and such(Thermaltake chipset cooler/AC Freezer 7 Pro)

So I would really appreciate some suggestions...not looking to spend a lot but I am getting a student loan check so technically there is no real budget.

On many of them you may have trouble reaching the mobo power cable. I had to buy an Akasa PSU extension cable, you might want to do the same just to make it easier.

Also that PSU is enough for an overclocked quad-core + 9800GX2 system...and hardware is only getting more efficient. It has 3 +12v rails with 18amps on them each, which will supply more than enough current for your components.

Just google Corsair 520w review

watts don't matter its the rails on the 12v Rails that matters, plus you could lengthen it via a extenstion table

If the 520 is out of your price range, check out the 450VX, its not modular but its still a really good psu. I assume you only plan on a single video card?

520hx: All Search Results - Buy.com Cheaper here.
450vx: All Search Results - Buy.com

99(79.99 after google c/o and $10 MiR) for the 520 is an awesome deal i spent most of the morning looking at specs/reviews/testimonies about it and it seems like a great PSU and Corsair really backs it up with a 5 year warranty.

yup you can't go wrong, like I said before though you might want to pick up an Akasa 8 pin psu extension cable

im more worried about the 20 pin...i think they have the extenders for these as well..

some people swear off the bottom mount psu for this reason but i love the idea...much more aesthetically pleasing and it makes it easier to have my box up on a desk since the power cord will be lower...as for cooling ive heard good things but i am a little skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom