audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav223

Banned
Hi, i'm having problems with sound. I've noticed when i've gone into add hardware in the control panel that theres no driver for my sound. It has a yellow question mark with pci multimedia audio device next to it. I realised that there was no driver for it so I tried to reinstal, but the reply I had was windows was unable to locate a driver for this device. I think the sound card I have is asrock. Could someone please advise me what to do.
Thanks.

Well knowing what OS you're running would be helpful. But generally in a case like this, if you don't have the driver for it, the next best option is to go to the manufacturer of your sound card and try to D/L the driver from their website.

you might also want to try windows update, alot of time it will catch driver updates for you machine

Windows 98 is what i'm using. iv'e tried windows update but have been unsuccesful.

Nikkon said:
you might also want to try windows update, alot of time it will catch driver updates for you machine

ehhhhh........ not's not quite right. The vast majority of the time, those windows update provides pathes (or fixes) related to your OS. MS does provide some driver updates but it's anicillary to the main driver provided by the OEM. In another words, they're supportive files that help a particular hardware component run smoother if it's having problems.

I have only gotten one update in such a manner related to my hardware and it was for my video card. But again, it's useless to do so, unless you install the actual driver for the card, DIRECTLY from the manufacturer.

Thanks for your time, but because I do not know much about pc's I don't know what to download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom