Problem in using DVI connection (For LCD Monitor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirei

Beta member
Hello to All, can anyone tell me how to use the DVI port of my video card connecting to LCD Monitor?i have these problem when i purchase a LCD Monitor(19" Viewsonic VX1940W) and try to connect to my PC. My video card is powercolor HD2600 Pro and it has 2 Dual Link DVI-I port. In the LCD Monitor package, it includes Single link DVI-D cable and a DSUB cable. When I try to use the DVI-D cable, it display "No Signal DSUB". I try to change the input signal in LCD MOnitor but after the screen went black in few seconds it returns to DSUB and display the message" No signal DSUB".Do I need a dual link DVI cable? Is the DVI-I in video card does not compatible to DVI-D in LCD MOnitor?i need anyone help about this..thank you in advance..

I'm not really to sure about what your asking cause i'm not familiar with dvi-i but have you tried both ports on your video card?

The difference between the two is that DVI-I can display both digital and analog. DVI-D can only display digital. A DVI-D male connector will work with a DVI-I female. However, a DVI-D female connector won't work with a DVI-I male. So this likely isn't your problem since I am assuming the cable is DVI-D male to male; the standard. There should be no reason for it to keep going back to DSUB.

As to Single and Dual Link this just refers to bandwidth the cable can transmit. Dual offers better quality but again shouldn't affect your monitor working.

Have you tried using the monitor with another computer? That would be the first step to take.

I tried both ports but same result "No Signal DSUB".

my cable is DVI-D Single link male to male. I don't have another PC to test the monitor. i just notice that every boot of PC, it detect DSUB as the primary input signal. in order for me to use the monitor, i use DVI-VGA adaptor with VGA cable(DSUB cable??).

That's weird, it sounds like the problem might be in your physical DVI connection/connector in your LCD monitor. Every video card I have owned, Nvidia or ATI, I could just swap between VGA and DVI and they all automatically switched.

nitestick, that's also odd, both my ACER and Viewsonic LCDs both auto-detect where the signal is coming from. So it may not be a physical problem after all...

i think that pretty much explains the problem. you need to change the monitor to take it's signal from the DVI-D input instead.

No nite in his first post he said that he tries to change it to another signal but it just goes back to DSUB.

GrFreak you're right almost all monitors (and every Viewsonic monitor) have auto detect built in now so it sounds like it's the monitor not the video card that's giving you troubles.

i think i need to bring my monitor to the store where i bought it. Since it still cover the warranty.Big Thanks to everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom