side panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
leaving it off would accumulate dust and dirt 100x faster then having it on. But i guess its up to you. Other then that I don't really see a reason why not.

it wont hurt anything (well unless u spill something in it) by having it off but like said dust will accumlate alot faster, i have the side off my case right now because im using a spare computer that has no case fans untill i get my new one finished.

Case fans suck alot of dirt in anyway. My son, once a professional gamer, refuses to put the access side plate on and says the dust accumultion is a non issue. He just air blasts the sucker once a week and his temps run 5 to 10 degrees cooler. I just put mine on out of habit.

got air filters on my intakes XD just gotta give em a smack once a week <3 handy.
i been too lazy to drive to get some compressed air, so i have to use the big air compressor in the garage. not overly a big deal but lifting a 70lb case and lugging it around is a pain. XD

The answer to this depends a lot on the case. Cases like the Antec 900 which have REALLY focused air flow will actually cool better with the side panel on than off. If the case has crappy air flow, it might help to have it off. In most cases its a good idea to keep the side panel on just to keep the air flow going in the intended direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom