e8400 vs e4300

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks b1gapl youre the king of 'Building, Buying, or Upgrading High Performance PC Systems' forums.

now to newegg, and to rma my brand new patriot sticks!

*edit*
man.. i wish i came here before i spent money on those sticks :X...
now i lost 20$..

boo

I woudlnt count on getting an E4300 to 3.5ghz.
Realistically you'd be solid at 3.2ghz - 3.5 would require a lot of cooling, a lot of tweaking etc.

My E6400 will run at 3.6ghz but it certainly hates it. It likes 3.4 though.

I woudlnt count on getting an E4300 to 3.5ghz.
Realistically you'd be solid at 3.2ghz - 3.5 would require a lot of cooling, a lot of tweaking etc.

My E6400 will run at 3.6ghz but it certainly hates it. It likes 3.4 though.

Yah i figure its going to take some tweaking i have my TRUE lapped and ill be sure to lap my e4300 as soon as i get it..

i might pin mod it, but i dont really see the benefits from it...especially with my p5e asus

e4300 can only get to 3.42 ghz. After that, performance decreases. It doesn't run so cool, either, when you run it at 2.7 ghz. However, you don't have to touch the voltage at all to get that. I would know.

e4300 can only get to 3.42 ghz. After that, performance decreases. It doesn't run so cool, either, when you run it at 2.7 ghz. However, you don't have to touch the voltage at all to get that. I would know.
he has a lapped TRUE vs your tuniq tho
how much are you getting the e4300 for?
you could spend a few more and get an m0 e4500 (not sure on the multiplier on this tho)

The X38 is an Intel chipset, so it's only 775.

Drizzt said:
idk if they have amd socket x38's but he was using a
X38 is not a socket. It's a chipset. And no, there are no X38s for AMD.

What he's saying, is that he has an X38 motherboard, but which Intel processor should he choose.

The X38 is an Intel chipset, so it's only 775.

X38 is not a socket. It's a chipset.

Yea, i know it's not a socket, i was wondering if they have the x38 chipset for AMD, i phrased it wrong the first time.

And no, there are no X38s for AMD.

ty :) that's the answer i needed :p

What he's saying, is that he has an X38 motherboard, but which Intel processor should he choose.

I was double checking that he wasn't using his AMD socket for his new Intel build.

Someone was talking about those cheap xeon processors earlier... why not go for one of them?

i say that the e8400 (if you can even buy one quick enough) will not even be close to double the performance of the 4300 (even overclocked to 4ghz versus the 4300 at say 3.3ghz), yet it costs over twice as much.
that makes it an easy answer for me there.
i vote e4300.
but, if you go with the 8400 let me know how it oc's ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom