Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do you think is worth it? I will end up paying $200 extra when I upgrade. I think by the time I upgrade, there will be more advanced and cheaper products out there, So I guess I will do DS3L and 8800GTS G92 for one and when I want to change, I can change the whole thing. Sound good?

And also should I get 4X1GB Crucial Tracers when they go on Sale again or should I get 2x2GB Crucial Ballistix for $105?
John

i dont think they will be on sale again...
but the ds3l and gts paired up with the q6600 shud last u a long time.

Alright thanks. Also, should I get the Xigmatek Copy of the TRUE? Or would that be too big? I think someone told me it would be too big, but then someone else told me it would fit my case but be hard. Or should I just get Mx-2 and the Freezer Pro 7 and call it a day? Also I would need the MX-518. Should I get the cooling crap now? Or could I wait until I OC later and add the compound and fan?

once u get done building ure pc...you wont wanna touch it for some time cos you will get lazy. So might as well get everything now.

Lol, I see, that makes complete sense. I guess I will be ordering it all. Well thanks a lot, I will most likely ask more questions, so stay tuned :D.

UPDATE: I got the Corsair 520HX and the Q6600. Now I will need to buy everything else, but EVGA's 8800GTS G92 is sold out and I think today was the last day for the MIR. Should I wait a little longer on ordering the parts in stock and making it 1 combo deal or should I order whatever is available now and the rest later when it comes in stock. It doesn't affect price or shipping. I was thinking of Xigmatek's "TRUE" Fan, is it bigger or smaller than the real TRUE? Also would it fit in my Raidmax case?

For the mobo, I'm not really that intense of a computer guy, so for doing things manually and BIOS and frequencies and overclocking and all that, I'd have to learn it. Should I get the DS3L as an easy board to OC to around 3.0 or so. Or should I just get the DFI P35 Mobo which is a better, but more sophisticated board while OCing around 3.4 or so. I can use another computer to get help from someone, but what else is recommend. I want to build this darn computer already!!
john

Anyone? I need to order ASAP. I want to have the computer running by Friday/Saturday

i dont know anything about the dfi...
but the dsl will oc easily to 3ghz...
you can look around for other stores with the gts...clubbit, tigerdirect....

Clubit doesn't have the EVGA or the prices I want and tigerdirect only has 1 8800GTS G92 and it's $239 and that is with the MIR expiring today. I will wait until tomorrow and see if they add a new MIR or something, hopefully they do.
John

i dont know anything about the dfi...
but the dsl will oc easily to 3ghz...
you can look around for other stores with the gts...clubbit, tigerdirect....

never doubt a DFI Board man, thats freaking heresy!!

no doubt it'd go 3.0ghz+ with a q6600 (unless you get one of those dud q6600 G0 Revisions that can't go up 1mhz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom