Looking for a new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
well im on a 24"

so i play at 1920x1200.

that HIS 3870 has alot of bad reviews. I might just fork out a few extra bucks for the GTS. Nvidia has yet to fail me.

No idea why it has bad reviews as HIS make the best ATI cards IMO....best coolers and very high quality components.

Anyway, at that resolution you should get the 8800GTS...

I'm thinking of the HIS 3870...then add a second one here in about another month...

OCed with the Unlocked BIOS would mop the floor on a single GTS

yeah well I had an 8800GTS 512mb and sold it to a buddy because it wasn't what I was looking for....it was much faster than my 3850, but I want to put on AA and stuff and when I put on 8x AA it was not too far from my 3850...except even worse with fogs and smokes.

so I just bought a 3870 and will cf it with my 3850 as soon as it comes. I'm stoked :)

Also if you pencil mod it to 1.4 or 1.45 it should do 900-950mhz, and they are pretty quick clocked that high.

how much did u sell that ultra for???? and trust me, you will miss it...kinad.

I was stuck in the same boat as you...debating between a gts and a gt, and i got the gts and im very satisfied. The price has dropped a lot for the gts since i got it so i think its totally worth it.
Unless you wanna do sli with the 9600gt cos the pny one is going for $125 after rebates....

ah that suks...i guess wait for the price drop for the 3870 or get the gts...or he cud even get the 3870x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom