Thermaltake devloping affordable phase change unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thermaltake devloping affordable phase chaning unit.

i didnt make it very clear lol i just meant that i doubt it really makes any difference at all when its so low anyway.

I'm fairly certain that the lower the temps, the more stable it is and the more efficiently it'll run

for example, a Q6600 @ 4.0GHz with 60*C on load will run much better than a Q6600 @ 40*C on load

even if both are 8 days stable on Prime95, the one with cooler temps will just run more efficiently in some way or another

should look out for the ocz phase change.. its more promising, and i forgot who reviewed it.. but said it matched performance that of a mach II and is only 400 dollars (upon release)...

Heard some bad things about it. Though at a large lan party a couple years back they had a demo unit, and me and my friend had a battle to see who could hold their thumb on the evap head the longest :p

In regards to the OCZ unit, it has been "coming out soon" for the past 3 years :p

Anywho I've heard some things about quality of the chassis and internal components being subpar and that most will be sold as B-Stock at a discounted price.

Heard some bad things about it. Though at a large lan party a couple years back they had a demo unit, and me and my friend had a battle to see who could hold their thumb on the evap head the longest :p

In regards to the OCZ unit, it has been "coming out soon" for the past 3 years :p

Anywho I've heard some things about quality of the chassis and internal components being subpar and that most will be sold as B-Stock at a discounted price.

ya i said more promising.. nothing about it lookin' pretty or being producted spectacularly!

yeah but if you aren't trying to set any world records...
0*C idle equals ~15-20*C on load, which is more than adequate for a kick arse overclock (and efficiency).
i dont think water will gove those temps, so if it is not a piece of garbage, it will be pretty handy and a great alternative for those of us thinking of going water.
although, i am with vdub....i work on my comp a lot and it may just get in my way.
i wonder if i could get my cpu to 4.5 with phase change....?
hmmmm.....

yeah but if you aren't trying to set any world records...
0*C idle equals ~15-20*C on load, which is more than adequate for a kick arse overclock (and efficiency).
i dont think water will gove those temps, so if it is not a piece of garbage, it will be pretty handy and a great alternative for those of us thinking of going water.
although, i am with vdub....i work on my comp a lot and it may just get in my way.
i wonder if i could get my cpu to 4.5 with phase change....?
hmmmm.....

Your AMD? I think you'd be limited by your hardware more then temps.

I think I'm just going to wait until I can afford a good phase unit. I work on my rig often as well, but if i can pull a killer OC 24/7 with phase, I'll sacrifice ease of working on it.

Once I go DDR3 and 1600fsb I'll go phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom