MOBO Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
well it's that time again, yes i've got to get a new mobo. Because apparently my computer peed on itself(LOL). no but really, my water cooling sys started leaking from the cpu on to the pci express slot down below it. apparently it has possibly fried my mother board it also took my 8500GT with it that was in the slot. now i dont to know what to get as far as mobo but any suggestions would be nice.
budget is around 150-200 max, give or take a little,
must be compatble w/ a pentium D 940 and also hae room to go to quad core which i will be doing sometime in the near future
now here's the tricky part i dont know if i should go with a single pci-express,save some money and space,or 2 for SLI not crossfire.
now is pci express 2.0 backwards compatable with 1.1
if i go with sli then i want a board w/ pci-express 2.0 but can you find one for about 200
ok thanks

Yes, if you get a 2.0 card, it will work in a previous revision PCI-e slot. I would personally, to save space and heat, get a one card solution, of course, for me, I only have a 22 inch monitor and my one 8600GT is more than enough for most games, so yeah, my eyes can't tell the difference if my game is running at 60 or 100 fps.

I am not good with motherboards, like I just bought this Biostar because it's reliable, but I didn't know it can't OC over 7% (That's weak sauce right there) when all my Gigabytes could get the proc well over 15% no problems, so I'm looking for an upgrade myself, I'm going with a DFI board in the Infinity series next personally. I can only assume that your Pentium D is a socket LGA775, this board is on the cheaper side, but for the price, I think the features you get with it are quite good, here's a link.

Newegg.com - DFI INFINITY P965-S LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Of course, there are more expensive models in the Infinity line, but this is the one that has the better BIOS for current and future procs.

Yep i just found out this morning that my mobo is fine i just gave it an alochol bath let it dry over nite popped it back in and it works!!!
but i still want to upgrade my mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom