Overclocking with Gigabyte GA-945GCMX S2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dying4004

Solid State Member
guyz

i am overclocking my pc with Gigabyte GA-945GCMX S2 and Intel C2D E4500 2.2 Ghz. thing is that my PSU is not that good. but i have two other small fans attached in my casing for extra airflow. i am OCing my cpu to 2.48 Ghz. so do u guyz think that my PSU will be able to support it and wont burn the mobo?? last night i ran the pc overcloked for 8-9 hours and my temp dint go higher than 46 degree centigrade.

centigrade? you mean celsius?

anyways... a bad PSU isn't really a problem unless it can't provide enough amps or watts... or it might just die on you

make sure your stressing the CPU... 2.48ghz is a fine overclock, you could probably go to 3.0 easy

centigrade? you mean celsius?

anyways... a bad PSU isn't really a problem unless it can't provide enough amps or watts... or it might just die on you

make sure your stressing the CPU... 2.48ghz is a fine overclock, you could probably go to 3.0 easy

ahh mistake i wanted to mean celsius...... bad PSU wont be burning my cpu rather at most will die itself..... rite?? that wont be a prob for me as PSUs' are dirt cheap... and i am continously monitoring the temperature ......

actually well the problem is that a cheap PSU can cause big problems... it could die and bring the whole system down with it... but it should be fine, if you can, save money for a decent PSU

guyz need another suggeston

i have been oc ing with my 945gcmx s2 and e4500 and currently i am running oc'd at 2.75 ghz. coretemp shows idle temp 31-32 degree and while loaded 44-45 degree. but the thing is that gpu temp always idle at 59 degree. so do u think this gpu temp will cause bad to the gpu?? is there anything i can do so that gpu teml doesnt go up becuase of the cpu oc ing?? cheerz

EDIT:: just installed OCCt 2.0 and found a big diff in Temp. Coretemp shows idle 32 degree while OCCT shows idle 47 degree. which to beleive???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom