Can Data On My HDD Be Recovered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

laffers

Beta member
First timer with a big problem here.

Just recently migrated all data on my laptop to a Seagate portable HDD whilst I flattened my laptop and reinstalled OS.

Tried today to put backed up data back onto laptop and the HDD will not run up.

I stripped it down and measured the voltage coming out of the ac adaptor and on the power cable going into the HDD. Both voltages were correct.

As soon as I connect the HDD to the caddy it falls over and refuses to power up.

I thought, maybe, the HDD was drawing too much current so I tried to install it into my desktop to prove this. I got exactly the same symptoms when in my desktop.

I have now come to the conclusion that there is a problem with the HDD so I have 2 questions:

1) From the signs and symptoms I have mentioned here does the HDD sound like it can be repaired?

2) If not is there anyway I can retrieve the data from it?

Cheers

well there data recevory services, but they are sometimes expensive
if all else fails then you could put it in a couple of bags and throw it in the freezer(worked on a stick of fautly ram i had)

Since you reinstalled Windows one idea would be to unplug the usb cable and then replug that back in while Windows is running. If the drive is still functioning Windows will likely detect a new hardware. If the drive simply failed on you... :eek: !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom