Kingston RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm presently running 2gb of DDR2 800 memory on the present build. Since the last 939 build ran DDR400 memory there and was only a quick upgrade from the build before that I simply passed it along to a family member.

That one and the one before that both saw 2.2ghz cpus while this one sees a 3ghz model dual core model. That's a real change from the slower single core models on the other cases! :p

i would not get kingston, they are not very good quality IMO.

Get crucial, ocz, or g.skill....those are the top three brands.

Kingston are a good brand, i have used them many times and find them to be very reliable. however i would not consider them for performance memory, if i wanted to achieve good memory overclocks i would go for a g.skill, geil, OCZ or crucial kit. i would never recommend high end memory for a standard desktop build.

Surprisingly I hear others stating that the Hyper X is great for ocing. I heard rather a dark view on Geil where the advice heard is if you can get it to work run it if not...?

The most common thing heard however is those looking for the lowest timings on performance memory used for gaming builds. Both Corsair and Kingston alike manage to see good reviews on their value memory at times while I went for the Hyper X for this build and will take a look at OCZ for the next as one thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom