Thermaltake devloping affordable phase change unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thermaltake devloping affordable phase chaning unit.

chilled generally doesn't use any distilled at all... usually its a mixture of denatured alcohol and antifreeze with maybe a little bit of distilled to increase thermal transfer

chilled systems gain around -20 to -40 depending... and when slightly upgraded they are considered full fledged phase systems

looks like crap....

another fail most likely....

there is no way it can even compare to other units.

not to mention my prometia will do -50C.

I don't really think that's their goal dude. I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be just an easier way for people to get into phase without spending what it'd normally cost for a "1337" phase set-up.

The article makes it sound like their intent ISNT to make it compareable to one that does -50c.

If I can get lower temps and better overclocks and not have to worry much about heat, it's quiet and costs the same as a good water cooling set up but cools a lot better, and costs less then to put together a phase unite, I'm all over it.

EDIT: That's IF it works how they're saying it will.

well hopefully it will be better then their attempt at watercooling.....

great idea though on their part if it works.

well hopefully it will be better then their attempt at watercooling.....

great idea though on their part if it works.

Hahahaha. I know! I remember when I built my last rig, I didn't look much into watercooling and picked up a Big Water 780 or something like that. The thing was HORRIBLE. Worst thing I've ever spent my money on.

Hahahaha. I know! I remember when I built my last rig, I didn't look much into watercooling and picked up a Big Water 780 or something like that. The thing was HORRIBLE. Worst thing I've ever spent my money on.

eh I disagree, I had no problems with my old Big Water setup, it worked fine... sure it didn't have the greatest temps, but it was great when I used it

hehe

eh I disagree, I had no problems with my old Big Water setup, it worked fine... sure it didn't have the greatest temps, but it was great when I used it

hehe

Exactly ha. I had a Thermaltake V1 air cooler before that, and I got just as good temps with that as I did with the Big Water kit.

0C would work better than -50C for me. Less insulation needed and all of that. Heck, running at 20C at max load would still be friggin' awesome.

Yeah but no matter how sweet it sounds its still made by thermaltake and thus by transitive property, utter poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom