Looking for new MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wog2000

Baseband Member
I am looking at replacing my Motherboard and would like some suggestions. I plan on keeping the rest of the Hardware in my sig. It seems like all of the new stuff is DDR3. I have to be able to get it through Tiger Direct since they are the ones taking back my old MB. Thanks for the help.

get either a 680i or 780i. There is no real point for ddr3 right now unless you have alot of money to waste stick with ddr2 for a while.

I would recommend an x38 rather then a 680i or 780i... Espically since you are not SLI'ing anything no point in buying either one of those.

Idk about for you, but i plan to buy this mobo

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

It is a fairly cheap x38 mobo and DFI Is suppoused to be known for quality... Some think it may be an ugly board but i think it looks alright. It also has xfire ability which would be better suited for your gpu if you decide to go in that direction.

now thats just weird, i reccomend a 780i mobo for no reason and u are looking at one, thats a great board but unless you are going to go sli there really isn't a point to spend that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom