Blue Screen of DOOM!!! O crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0ntactbuzz

Beta member
So im on my comp yesterday, doing the usual.. streamin a vid, dlin a torrent, nothing overwelhming, so i figure its about time for me to take a look at some good o'l fashion Tivo, since the torrents arent the only way to watch your fav sitcoms. I return to my computer to see OMG blue screen of DOOM!! i press the power button, and press again and it loads me right back up to my user login screen, HORRAY i thought. used the comp, then turned it off for the night. THis mournin i wake up to resume my usualy mourning play of ijji gunz 0.0 and i get the "press f1 to continue press f2 for setup" i check the setup out and bios isnt detecting a hdd. I open the comp (its the house comp dell 4700 deal) to make sure everything is plugged up right,(dunno why it wouldnt be) and continue to restart restart restart, after about 30 tries of this my comp turned on as if nothing was wrong. So i turned it off and tried to see if it would boot correectly, it did not, and again i tried the press powerbutton-on, press powerbutton-off until it becaming up and running agian. THis is where i am now, searchin google for any and every possible solutiuon, all i've read is im fuggered and my hdd is busted or slowly dyin. I was wonderin, jus how am i using it now, i have even dled a few small things jus to see if somthign will write to the hdd and it will, deleted the last torrent i was dlin as it spooked me out good, and immediately got on seagates site to ***** about their crappy products to service reps who are about as usefull as an ******* right here *points to elbow* so i am here jus wondering if anyone else has had or heard of this problem and if there is no hope for me cause the last timei saw blue screen i used my warranty to get a new hdd and now its up im just not turning my computer off and hoping for the best, any suggestions?

First suggestion... watch the language. We have a zero tolerance policy toward profanity.

Second... while it may be your drive, it could also be your motherboard or the IDE/SATA cable. The easiest thing to do is to swap out the cable. If that doesn't work, try putting the drive in another computer and see if it shows up. If so... you've narrowed it down to the last element.

some help.... that was no help, thats not really a solution, thats like worse than an new delhi techsupport guyz help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom